7 Gadgets You Can Use to Enhance Your Health And Fitness Journey
Technology can be a weight loss enemy when we harness it to spend hours in front of the television or computer with unhealthy takeout. But if we use it in the right way, it can also be a huge asset. These 7 gadgets can help make your weight loss journey more efficient, easier, and even safer!
1. Blender BottleIf you find it hard to spare even a few minutes to mix up your morning protein shake, the blender bottle may be for you. The classic comes with a loop top for easy carry, a whisk for on the go mixing, and a spoutgard to help keep your drinking surface clean at the gym. Other varieties are motorized and battery powered, feature blender bases that come with detachable travel bottles, or have dual compartments for carrying two types of liquid at once.
2. Reflective GearIt's important to stay visible to passing vehicles if you prefer getting your cardio fix in outdoors and after-hours. Luckily, the internet is well-prepared to meet your needs with reflective jackets, vests, leggings, sneakers, smart-phone friendly gloves, headbands, tops, shorts, caps, socks, elastic shoelaces, clip-on strobe lights, and even iPhone arm bands.
3. Standing Deskadjustable, motorized frame or that you can use to convert your normal desk into a standing one. You may also want to look into one of these options for active seating, which encourages more movement and better posture while still allowing you to sit down. Another variation is the more intense treadmill desk, which lets you walk while you work, which may allow you to burn up to 100 extra calories per hour even if you're only strolling at a one mile pace.
4. Specialized Meal Prep Containerleak resistance, different compartments, stackability, durability, or eco-friendliness, your perfect match is most definitely out there.
5. Smart Scale
Make your morning journey to the scale a lot more informative and exciting with a specialized smart scale. Most smart scales will not just measure your weight but also your BMI (body mass index), body fat percentage, and amount of lean body mass, which is super important if you're trying to gain muscle as well as lose fat. Higher tech versions can also track your bone mass, body water percentage, basal metabolic rate (BMR), metabolic age, and protein levels.Some smart scales can also sync automatically with your smartphone or fitness tracker to record your daily weight, connect with social media, "learn" the difference between different users and track their weights separately and privately, or come with specialized pregnancy modes. This round-up should help you find the scale that best suits your particular needs.
6. Your iPhoneapps there are on your iPhone that you can use to help you on your weight loss journey. You can use your iPhone to log your weight loss, count your steps, plan your meals and grocery lists, watch exercise videos, or scour the web for healthy recipes and fitness tips. There are also iPhone games that encourage you to exercise in a playful way like Zombies Run,Fitocracy, and even the much hyped Pokémon Go.
7. Kitchen SafeThis one is a little on the wacky side, but if you're living with people who don't prioritize health as much as you do and are having a hard time resisting the temptation to snack from their side of the pantry, a kitchen safe may be right up your alley. You simply place the offending item in your safe, which you can then set to unlock after a certain amount of time has passed. This interval can be as short as one minute or as long as 10 days, so definitely long enough to help you resist that midnight candy craving!
Want to get in shape for 2020? Join our Facebook support group and learn about 123 Diet from other community members!